Toxinology Research Group
Tel.: +47/486 46 871
My primary interest is based on the use of LC-MS metabolomics as a tool to understand the effect of dietary components and bioactive compounds in health. My expertise is mainly on data analysis, both the pre and post processing, of metabolomics datasets and its integration with other types of data.
Studies in Nutrition and Food Sciences from the Universidad Iberoamericana (2003-2009; Mexico). Master in Nutritional, Environmental and Genetic Factors for Growth and Development (2009-2011) and Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2011 – 2015) from the University of Granada, Spain. Marie Curie Fellow in metabolomics in the Diet and Oxidative Stress Research group in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Oslo (2016 – 2019). Postdoc in the Toxinology Research group at Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Norway (2019 – ).
iNOBox – A Technology- and Market-driven Innovation e-Toolbox towards a Sustainable, Competitive and Science-based Agri-Food Industry in Norway
- Uhlig, S.; Rangel-Huerta, O. D.; Divon, H. H.; Rolén, E.; Pauchon, K.; Sumarah, M. W.; Vrålstad, T.; Renaud, J. B., Unraveling the ergot alkaloid and indole diterpenoid metabolome in the Claviceps purpurea species complex using LC–HRMS/MS diagnostic fragmentation filtering. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2021, 69 (25), 7137-7148.
- Berntsen, H. F.; Duale, N.; Bjørklund, C. G.; Rangel-Huerta, O. D.; Dyrberg, K.; Hofer, T.; Rakkestad, K. E.; Østby, G.; Halsne, R.; Boge, G.; Paulsen, R. E.; Myhre, O.; Ropstad, E., Effects of a human-based mixture of persistent organic pollutants on the in vivo exposed cerebellum and cerebellar neuronal cultures exposed in vitro. Environment International 2021, 146, 106240.
- Rangel Huerta, O.D.; Ivanova, I.; Hytterød, S.; Moen, A.; Uhlig, S.; Hagen, A.G.; Olstad, K.; Fæste, C.K. Integrated Omics in salmon skin mucus for determining consequences of chloramine treatment against parasite infestation. J Integr Omics 2020, 341, 5–17.
- Ulven SM, Holven KB, Gil A, Rangel-Huerta OD. Milk and Dairy Product Consumption and Inflammatory Biomarkers: An Updated Systematic Review of Randomized Clinical Trials. Adv Nutr 2019, 10: S239–50.
- Soto-Méndez MJ, Rangel-Huerta OD, Ruiz-López MD, Martínez de Victoria E, Anguita-Ruiz A, Gil A. Role of Functional Fortified Dairy Products in Cardiometabolic Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-analyses of Randomized Clinical Trials. Adv Nutr 2019, 10 S251–71.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Pastor-Villaescusa B, Gil A. Are we close to defining a metabolomic signature of human obesity? A systematic review of metabolomics studies. Metabolomics 2019, 15, 93.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Gomez-Fernández A, de la Torre-Aguilar MJ, Gil A, Perez-Navero JL, Flores-Rojas K, Martín-Borreguero P, Gil-Campos M. Metabolic profiling in children with autism spectrum disorder with and without mental regression: preliminary results from a cross-sectional case–control study. Metabolomics 2019, 15, 99.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Gil A. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on cognition: an updated systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Nutr Rev 2018, 76, 1–20.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Aguilera CM, Perez-de-la-Cruz A, Vallejo F, Tomas-Barberan F, Gil A, Mesa MD. A serum metabolomics-driven approach predicts orange juice consumption and its impact on oxidative stress and inflammation in subjects from the BIONAOS study. Mol Nutr Food Res 2017, 61, 1600120.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Gil A. Omega 3 fatty acids in cardiovascular disease risk factors: An updated systematic review of randomised clinical trials. Clin Nutr 2017, 3–8.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Gil A. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on cognition: an updated systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Nutr Rev 2017, 76, 1–20.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Gil A. Nutrimetabolomics: An Update on Analytical Approaches to Investigate the Role of Plant-Based Foods and Their Bioactive Compounds in Non-Communicable Chronic Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2016, 17, 2072.
- Pastor-Villaescusa B, Rangel-Huerta OD, Aguilera CM, Gil A. A Systematic Review of the Efficacy of Bioactive Compounds in Cardiovascular Disease: Carbohydrates, Active Lipids and Nitrogen Compounds. Ann Nutr Metab 2015, 66, 168–81.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Aguilera CM, Martin M V., Soto MJ, Rico MC, Vallejo F, Tomas-Barberan F, Perez-de-la-Cruz AJ, Gil A, Mesa MD. Normal or High Polyphenol Concentration in Orange Juice Affects Antioxidant Activity, Blood Pressure, and Body Weight in Obese or Overweight Adults. J Nutr 2015, 145, 1808–16.
- Rangel-Huerta OD, Pastor-Villaescusa B, Aguilera CM, Gil A. A Systematic Review of the Efficacy of Bioactive Compounds in Cardiovascular Disease: Phenolic Compounds. Nutrients 2012, 7, 5177–216.