- This event has passed.
12th International Conference on Molluscan Shellfish Safety
September 9 - September 13
The ICMSS is an initiative of researchers from various international institutions, including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nati
ons (FAO), related to the safety of molluscan shellfish. It seeks to be a forum for the diffusion and discussion of the advances and trends in this subject. Renown experts from around the world will take part in the conference. Students, researchers, health authorities, producers of molluscan shellfish and interested public in this subject are welcome.
The main topics to be discussed during the conference will be:
- Sanitary control programs for molluscan shellfish.
- Sanitary classification of harvest areas.
- Pathogenic organisms in humans of interest in molluscan shellfish.
- Climate change and its effect on the safety of molluscan shellfish.
- Toxic phytoplankton and marine toxin.
In this web page you will be able to find information for registration, sending your presentation, as well as the tentative conference program, plus general information of the event.
All the proposed works will be reviewed by the International and National Advisory Committees, composed of experts in the safety of molluscan shellfish.